Saturday, May 9, 2015

Obey

For a few months now I have been so uninspired for someone who live purely by convictions it has been quite a torture. Life seems so mundane without any purpose for me to hold on, for me to fight for. I tried going back to the theories I had before but it wasn't the same.. Everyday I am just faced with the same question resign or not to resign. I kept listing down why I want to resign and what's holding myself back. And I have come to realize that what's holding me back are barriers that only time can bring it down. There was nothing within my control. Yet at the same time I am so impatient. Like how my best friend said it, I am trapped in a comfortable glass jar with nice bed and everything I need. But instead of focusing on living my life inside that glass jar, I am constantly looking out and thinking about the time I can finally run on a grass field or roll in a bed of roses. I wanted what I want now and I couldn't even wait another day. Like a little girl at the toy store crying and stomping her feet insisting that her parents give her that toy that she deems she so badly needs. To think about it, I am constantly whining about how passengers are so impatient, only wanting what they want and always wanting it now! I guess they were just a reflection of my heart. They echoed what I am saying to God everyday. They were so loud yet I failed to hear.

And so.. I discovered what my season is: Obedience. I have come to learnt that God said "Obey my commandment" and not "be convicted of my commandment and then act on it". I have spent the last few years living my life by convictions. I promise only to do any religious activities such as reading the bible, going to church, etc as only something I will do if I feel fully passionate and convicted about. I never want to do anything just because I am told to do so. I wanted to do something only if I saw the need of it or at least the logic or reasoning behind doing it.

But for now, I have learnt that obedience is indeed better than sacrifice. Forget about my convictions, my obedience to God is staying in my glass jar and making the best out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment